What We Do
Research in Practice has over 17 years’ experience in helping organisations, teams and individuals to access, understand and apply evidence in their work with children, young people and families.
We aim to enable safer decision-making, more effective resource allocation and robust child-centred practice. Research in Practice provides professionals with a range of resources and learning opportunities to support their efforts to improve the lives of children and families.
Enabling the right decisions
Our work brings together academic research, practice expertise and the evidence of children and families' experiences engaging with services in order for professionals at all levels to have the right knowledge and skills to work effectively.
We offer a range of valuable support:
- High quality and accessible online and hard-copy resources
- Easy to use, practical tools and guides
- Online and face-to-face learning events
- Networking and exchange forums
- A monthly Research and Policy Update
- Monthly Case Law Summaries
- Tailored support
- Evaluation services
You can access our support in different ways
- Purchase places at our learning events
- Purchase publications from our extensive range of resources
- Individual subscription –support your own personal and professional development, through access to our evidence-informed resources and events.
- Organisational membership - our comprehensive 360° approach provides support across all levels of an organisation supporting best practice, informing effective service design and delivery and enabling evidence-informed strategic decision-making.
- Tailored support - our participative approach enables us to understand current issues facing you locally and work with you to develop pragmatic and effective ways to address them.