What We Do
Since 1996 Research in Practice has been helping organisations and individuals to access, understand and apply evidence in their work with children, young people and families.
Research in Practice aims to enable safer decision-making, more effective resource allocation and robust child-centred practice. Our work brings together academic research, practice expertise and the evidence of children and families' experiences engaging with services. We then apply this knowledge to a range of resources and learning opportunities to support professionals’ efforts to improve the lives of children and families.
We provide a range of learning resources and events
- Case Law and Legal Summaries
- Evaluation services
- Learning events
- Research and Policy Updates
- Tailored Support
Access to Research in Practice support
- Individual subscription – support your own personal and professional development with access to a selection of evidence-informed resources.
- Organisational membership – provides comprehensive access to our learning events and resources across all levels of an organisation.
- Tailored Support – offers a programme of support to effectively address individual organisation’s needs, which can include in-house training, strategy development, evaluation support and more.
- Individuals can also purchase publications and book places at our learning events.