Positive mental health and wellbeing in children and young people: Suggestion for practice (2019)
This resource aims to help those working with children and young people to:
- Develop the skills needed to identify mental health needs.
- Recognise areas of strength and resilience in young People and parents.
- Provide support through direct work with families.
The approach adopted is informed by the theory and practice of mentalisation, along with other types of effective help such as social support, problem-solving and guided self-help.
Designed for: Social workers, family support workers, and team managers in direct practice with children, young people and families. Also for the wider workforce, including those in education.
Number of pages: 40
Product code: CH-PTL-008
Purchase Downloadable Files: £10.00 +VAT Each
(Partners download free)
- Positive mental health and wellbeing in children and young people: Suggestion for practice
Purchase Hardcopies: IN STOCK: £10.00 Each
Please note: Electronic downloads subject to VAT being added.
No VAT added to Hardcopies
Associated Publications / Tools
- Adolescent mental health: Frontline Briefing (2015)
- Adolescent mental health: Frontline Tool (2015)
- Measuring the wellbeing of looked after children - current approaches and future recommendations: Strategic Briefing (2016)
- Parental mental health: Frontline Briefing (2018)
- Parental mental health: Frontline Tool (2018)