Neglect in the context of poverty and austerity: Frontline Briefing (2019)
This briefing explores the complex interaction between family poverty and concerns about neglect of children by their caregivers. It encourages practitioners to reflect on:
- The impact of poverty on families and their ability to meet their children’s needs, including experience of discrimination and stigma.
- The types of support that can help mitigate the impact of poverty on parenting and children’s outcomes.
- The way that practitioner interactions with families can re-enforce or relieve some of that feeling of blame and disempowerment.
Designed for: Frontline practitioners
Number of pages: 16
Product code: CH-FBR-015
Purchase Downloadable Files: £12.00 +VAT Each
(Partners download free)
- Neglect in the context of poverty and austerity: Frontline Briefing
Purchase Hardcopies: IN STOCK: £12.00 Each
Please note: Electronic downloads subject to VAT being added.
No VAT added to Hardcopies
Associated Publications / Tools
- Emotional abuse and neglect: Identifying and responding in practice with families: Chart (2014)
- Emotional abuse and neglect: Identifying and responding in practice with families: Frontline Briefing (2014)
- Attachment in children and young people [UPDATED]: Frontline Briefing (2016)
- Child neglect and its relationship to sexual harm and abuse: responding effectively to children's needs (Updated)