Communicating effectively with children
Tailored Support workshop (one-day session)
In this one-day workshop, participants will:
- Consider how it might feel to be a child in need of safeguarding.
- Examine principles and models for effective communication with children and young people.
- Explore a wide range of evidence-informed tools and methods for communicating with different age groups of children and young people who have suffered trauma.
Aimed at: Frontline practitioners and team managers working directly with children and adolescents; looked after children teams; IRO services; staff in early help; family support workers.
Usual timings: 9:30am-4:15pm
Related RiP resources:
- Communicating with children under 5 [Frontline Briefing and Frontline Chart and Recorded Webinar]
- Voice of the Child [Evidence Review]
Download an outline programme for this workshop as a PDF file
(available to logged-in Partners only)