Costs, complexity and compassion: Leaders’ Forum
Leaders' Forum : Networking Event
Park Regis, Birmingham
13:00 Thursday, 26 September 2019 to 13:00 Friday, 27 September 2019
- Designed for
Leaders of services across the children’s and adults’ sector are navigating difficult decisions in which three factors loom large – the cost of meeting people’s needs, the complexity of the people’s lives and the interconnectedness of solutions, and the moral imperative to ensure that services and systems are grounded in compassion. Keeping all three themes in mind is no easy task, yet the evidence suggests that it is necessary to do so, if we are to design and provide services to meet the needs of children, families and adults.
Run jointly by Research in Practice and Research in Practice for Adults, this year’s Leaders’ Forum will bring together colleagues from statutory and voluntary sector organisations, policy and academia to discuss the evidence base and sector experiences in working at the interface between cost, complexity and compassion.
- Becca Dove and Tim Fisher, London Borough of Camden, on family-led child protection inquiry and relational activism
- Prof. Brid Featherstone, University of Huddersfield, on understanding complexity
- Charlotte Ramsden, Salford City Council, on leading across boundaries
- Dara de Burca, Children’s Society, on developing a workforce of ‘system changers’
- Dr Derek Tracy, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust and Kings College London, on culture and complexity in mental health
- Jo Davison, The Staff College, on systems leadership
- Julia Unwin (CBE), Carnegie Fellow, on compassion
- Kathy Evans, Children England
- Ligia Teixera, Centre for Homelessness Impact
- Dr Lisa Holmes, Rees Centre, on using the Children’s Services cost calculator
- Toby Lowe, Northumberland University, on human learning systems
Further speakers to be confirmed shortly.
Our Leaders’ Forum brings together senior leaders to debate key challenges and share ideas and solutions. The forum will include a sector-specific breakout sessions as well as joint sessions for leaders across the adults’ and children’s sectors.
Directors, Assistant Directors and strategic managers from Partner organisations across the Research in Practice and Research in Practice for Adults networks.
As a Partner, attendance (including overnight accommodation on the 26th September) is included in your organisational membership. Partners with full organisational membership can request their place online. Partners on reduced contracts are also entitled to a place as part of membership, please contact our events team for further details and any questions firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or 01803 847264.