Building practice supervision in learning organisations: Partnership Conference
Learning Event : Partnership conference
Stamford Court, Leicester
09:30 to 16:30 Thursday, 07 February 2019
- Overview and programme
- Aimed at
Overview and programme
Supervision is a cornerstone of professional development and practice improvement. Supervision allows practitioners and their managers to reflect on practice, learn from experiences and it can provide encouragement, support and help build emotional resilience.
At this year’s Partnership Conference we will explore learning from new initiatives, including emerging programmes of research and innovation in supervision practice across Children’s Services.
Sessions and speakers
The conference will include sessions on:
- initiatives exploring how to make better use of supervision as an opportunity for organisational and individual learning;
- the development and early roll out of the Practice Supervisor Development Programme;
- local approaches to supervision and transferable learning;
- how families and young people can be involved in supervision.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Michael O'Connor, Service Manager, Youth Offending Service, London Borough of Camden
- Professor Gillian Ruch, Professor of Social Work, University of Sussex
- Yvette Stanley, National Director (Social Care), Ofsted
- Dr David Wilkins, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University
- TBC, Social Work England
Principal Social Workers, all staff with supervisory responsibilities across early help, targeted support, fostering and statutory services with children and families.
Research in Practice Partners can request their place online. If you have any questions please contact our events team via email@example.com or 01803 847264.