Transitions in children’s lives: Partnership Conference
Learning Event : Partnership conference
The Studio Birmingham, Birmingham
09:30 to 16:30 Wednesday, 21 March 2018
- Overview and programme
- Aimed at
Overview and programme
Children and young people face many transitional points in their lives. For some this includes moving into and out of care and between placements, or transitioning from Children’s to Adults’ Services. Importantly, children and young people face many personal transitions related to identity, relationships, health and family life.
At this year’s Partnership Conference we will explore how frontline practitioners and first line managers can promote positive transitions for children and young people, effectively support children through a time of change, and ensure children’s voices are included in planning and preparation ahead of a transition.
Sessions and speakers
Conference workshops will give attendees a chance to explore learning from the sector as it develops strategies to support children and young people and improve outcomes.
Sessions will cover:
- The importance of meaningfully involving children and families in developing and maintaining effective support through change.
- How to build and understand children and young people’s individual needs, priorities and experiences at different transition points in their lives.
- Ways in which professionals can help create and sustain resilience both in children and young people and their families.
The programme will include speakers from:
- Dr Claire Baker, Bright Spots Programme, Coram Voice and University of Bristol
- Stacey Pellow-Firth, Carefree 16+ Team Manager, Carefree Cornwall
- Alice Frank and Lisa Holland, National Leaving Care Benchmarking Forum, Catch22
- Andy Lawrence, Service Manager, 0-25 Together Service, Hertfordshire County Council
- Just for kids law
- Sarah Jones and Tim Eyres, Norfolk County Council
- Health and Wellbeing Directorate, Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Deborah Woodcock and Jennie Neill, Stockport Council
- Prof Beth Neil, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, University of East Anglia
- Prof Michelle Lefevre, Professor of Social Work, University of Sussex
Further speakers to be confirmed shortly.
Social workers, Independent Reviewing Officers, supervising social workers, team managers, personal advisors and professionals in leaving care teams.
Research in Practice Partners can request their place online. If you have any questions please contact our events team via email@example.com or 01803 847264.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest debate and discussion on the day: @ResearchIP #PartnershipC.