Our work is about bringing together practitioner expertise with formal research evidence – creating new knowledge, new skills and a new energy to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families. We support our network of Partners to move forward together, fostering a lasting culture shift in using evidence-informed practice to improve the lives of children, young people and families.
Our network is made up of over 100 participating agencies consisting of local authorities and national agencies.
For an informal discussion on the benefits of Partnership, please contact Dez Holmes, Director, on 01803 847254 or email
As from April 2010 the annual fee is £15,000 p.a. which includes benefits such as:
- Over 20 learning events organised throughout the year - conferences, case study, research support, and transitions workshop
- Regional support to Partner Agencies - Support for Partners for networking and evidence-informed practice
- Information exchange networks – events, personal support and online resource
- Change Project Programme – an innovative group model for practice development
- A wide range of publications and products - accessible, engaging and designed for different practice audiences
- This website - supporting evidence-informed practice resources, forum and e-learning
- Monthly Research and Policy Updates ( RPU)
- Annual Directors Forum (residential)
- Annual Councillors and Trustees Seminar (residential)
- Link Officers' Annual Meeting (residential)
In addition, services, products and activities can be developed in response to Partners' needs.
While Research in Practice and Research in Practice for Adults serve different networks, our co-location and shared focus on research utilisation enables us to develop joint work on themes that cross children's services and adult's services boundaries.
For further information please contact us: